Re: 3.0M3 dependency to commons lang

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Apr 15 2008 - 05:59:35 EDT

    Looks like the new Velocity 1.5 also depends on commons-lang. Doh!

    http://velocity.apache.org/engine/releases/velocity-1.5/dependencies.html

    Wonder if there is an easy way to strip the template processing code
    and standard macros from everything else and include it in Cayenne.
    Then Cayenne classic will be fully self contained.

    Andrus

    On Apr 15, 2008, at 1:49 AM, Malcolm Edgar wrote:

    > Oh, I didn't know that.
    >
    > regards Malcolm Edgar
    >
    > On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andru..bjectstyle.org
    > >
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I am all for it, but isn't Velocity dependent on commons-collections?
    >> (Velocity would be the last one standing, with SQLTemplate
    >> depending on it,
    >> I don't see how we can get rid of it).
    >>
    >> Andrus
    >>

    >> On Apr 15, 2008, at 1:41 AM, Malcolm Edgar wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi Guys,
    >>>
    >>> On a related issue is there an intention to break the dependency on
    >>> commons-collections. This is the JAR we have most issue with on
    >>> application
    >>> servers. Its something we can deal with by patching the app servers