CM Class Loading

From: Michael Gentry (blacknex..mail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 13:54:34 EDT

    One of the guys here downloaded Cayenne (versions 3 and 2) and tried
    running Cayenne Modeler, but it kept crashing. I looked at it for him
    and there was an exception in Apache Commons (I don't have the exact
    exception, but that isn't the real issue). I eventually went to his
    /Library/Java/Extensions directory and he must've had 100 JAR files in
    there. One of them (we didn't try debugging it) was providing a
    different version of commons than what CM needed and the Extensions
    directory gets added to the start of the CLASSPATH (from what I know).
     I'm not sure if this is a bug or even how to fix it if we wanted to.
    Any thoughts on this scenario?

    Thanks,

    /dev/mrg

    PS. Yes, I know, you shouldn't have that many things in the extensions
    folder and I told him about that.