Re: svn commit: r683091 - in /cayenne/main/trunk: itests/jpa-chapter5/pom.xml pom.xml

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2008 - 10:20:43 EDT

    > Ari, I think you need to bootstrap with Mac profile flag from the
    > root first, before running build-mac.sh:
    >
    > mvn -P mac install

    Ah, that worked, thanks. I was bootstrapping but just with 'mvn
    install'. I see now that p.a.o was being used just as a fallback since
    the local file system didn't have the needed jar.

    On 06/08/2008, at 11:37 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

    > As for versioning, the snapshot artifacts have timestamps attached to
    > them. Maven uses though when determining which version to use. You
    > can pin to a given version of a snapshot this way as well.

    OK, but how does it know that to build the modeler it needs to use the
    cayenne-client jar from the same svn checkout (that is, the one
    created 10 minutes ago is fine, but not the one from yesterday)?

    In this case, the failed download was

    Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository//org/apache/cayenne/cayenne-modeler-mac/3.0-SNAPSHOT/cayenne-modeler-mac-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

    nothing in that path that gives us a timestamp. Seems rather dangerous
    since (like I have been for four days now) you can easily build the
    wrong bits into the assembly. Even with any number of 'mvn clean's, I
    was creating modelers with new modeler code and old cayenne-client
    code. I now know that to build and run the modeler on OSX and be sure
    of getting current code I should:

    # mvn -P mac install
    # cd assembly
    # ./build-mac.sh
    open dmg and run

    That all takes quite some time. About 15 minutes on my laptop.

    Anyhow, I'm not going to fight with maven. I've got a set of magic
    steps now.

    Ari

    ish
    http://www.ish.com.au
    phone +61 2 9550 5001 fax +61 2 9550 4001