Setup for Java 1.6

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Sep 30 2008 - 08:50:50 EDT

    I just committed maven changes needed to compile Cayenne with either
    Java 5 or 6. I would strongly recommend to everybody to do a full
    rebuild from root of the checkout tree after an update. A few other
    points:

    * We have a new empty module cayenne-jdk1.6-unpublished. As the name
    suggests, it is for the code that will only run under Java 1.6
    * You can build from root of the checkout with either Java 5 or 6. In
    the former case, Maven will exclude "cayenne-jdk1.6-unpublished" from
    the build and from resulting aggregated jars. Corollary to that -
    release managers MUST USE JAVA 6 TO CREATE RELEASE ARTIFACTS.
    * It is up to the developers how to organize the modules in Eclipse. I
    am back to the two workspaces setup - one with default Java 5 JVM and
    another - with Java 6.

    Let me know if anything that I checked in breaks your local build.

    Thanks,
    Andrus