DB column default values are not supported?

From: Andrey Razumovsky (razumovsky.andre..mail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 01 2008 - 13:01:42 EDT

    Hello,

    It seems DB column default values are not supported in Cayenne. This is no
    good, and even worse, I cannot setup those values at database level, because
    Cayenne will nullify them anyways - InsertBatchQueryBuilder creates insert
    for all DbAttributes. I think that if we support max-length and scale, we
    should support this too. BTW, I was told Hibernate supports this feature.
    At best we should have that property in DbAttribute and use it along DB
    engineering and reverse-engineering. Of course this is no easy task, because
    we have different types of attributes, e.g. dates (I mean modeler support
    here).
    Currently the best way to workaround seems to be setting default values in
    constructor.

    What do you think?