Re: thoughts on modeler improvements + *Map classes

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2008 - 02:45:46 EST

    On Dec 16, 2008, at 12:13 AM, Robert Zeigler wrote:

    > I love the new "Map" classes that provide super-easy access to your
    > data map and associated queries. I think a nice extension to these
    > would be to have teh super-class map list, as static finals, the
    > names of all of the queries (even the sql-script queries), the way
    > we do with object entities and property names.

    This was the first experiment with generated classes for the DataMaps.
    We definitely want to explore it further. +1 for adding DataMap names
    and Query names.

    I was also thinking about making the generated classes "managed" (i.e.
    obtained via a context) instead of static singletons. Still want to
    play with various scenarios to see how useful that is... Here is one
    possible scenario - specifying the root of an entity-less query:

    // common interface
    public interface DataMapObject {
        DataMap getDataMap();
    }

    T ObjectContext.getDataMap(Class<T extends DataMapObject>
    generatedClass);
    SQLTemplate.SQLTemplate(DataMapObject map, String sqlString);

    > Unless I hear otherwise, I'll plan on opening up issues for these
    > items.

    +1.

    Andrus