Re: JIRA migrated

From: Henri Yandell (bayar..pache.org)
Date: Sat Mar 21 2009 - 18:39:50 EDT

    On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ar..sh.com.au> wrote:

    > On 21/03/2009, at 7:06 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:
    >
    >> If you find any problems, feel free to mail me, though most likely
    >> it's best to file a JIRA ticket at
    >> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA and mail me about it.
    >

    > I'm emailing this because I have more questions than necessarily bugs:
    >
    > * can we get back our header logo and styling? I'm happy to do it, if it can
    > be customised per project and I can be given appropriate access.

    Nope (I know, I liked the Cayenne l&f too).

    > * I don't have access to user accounts: should we approach you if spam
    > accounts are created, other user problems, etc?

    Yep. Well, INFRA JIRA, IRC channel or infrastructur..mailing list.

    > * On the project setup page [1] we have "CVS modules: none". Does that mean
    > we still have SVN integration set up or not? Click on "select path" next to
    > "repository path" gets me to a login window even though I'm logged in.

    SVN's a separate concept from CVS modules in JIRA. It should be fine.

    > * If we want to customise our workflow or permissions do we ask you to set
    > up these? I see that permissions are set to "standard permissions" but I
    > don't really know what that means. I assume any user can create tasks and
    > comment on tasks, but only committers, etc can change the milestone or
    > status?

    Generally we'd like to not see customization. You'll need to explain
    why Cayenne is special compared to other projects, but there are fair
    reasons to want specialness. For permissions, you use the project role
    concept to manage your project rather than the jira groups.

    Hen