build failure

From: Robert Zeigler (robert.zeigle..oxanemy.com)
Date: Tue May 05 2009 - 00:27:56 EDT

    Apparently hudson isn't the only system having issues building
    cayenne. I am, too. :)

    After nuking the cayenne portion of my local repo, I did:

    mvn clean package

    which resulted in the following failure:

    [INFO] Building jar: /Users/robertz/Programming/java/svn/cayenne/3.0/
    build-tools/maven-cayenne-doc-plugin/target/maven-cayenne-doc-
    plugin-3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
    [INFO] [plugin:addPluginArtifactMetadata]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Building Cayenne Build Tools Parent
    [INFO] task-segment: [clean, package]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] [clean:clean]
    [INFO] [site:attach-descriptor]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Building Cayenne License and Notice Bundle
    [INFO] task-segment: [clean, package]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] artifact org.apache.cayenne.build-tools:maven-cayenne-build-
    plugin: checking for updates from Maven Central Repo
    [INFO] artifact org.apache.cayenne.build-tools:maven-cayenne-build-
    plugin: checking for updates from central
    [INFO]
    [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
    [INFO]
    [INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.cayenne.build-tools:maven-cayenne-build-
    plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be found
    [INFO]
    [INFO]
    [INFO] Total time: 16 seconds
    [INFO] Finished at: Mon May 04 23:14:15 CDT 2009
    [INFO] Final Memory: 17M/33M
    [INFO]

    However, if I do:

    mvn clean install

    the build progresses, but fails on some generator-related tests:

    testSingleClassesCustTemplate
    (org.apache.cayenne.tools.CayenneGeneratorTaskTest)
       testSingleClasses1(org.apache.cayenne.tools.CayenneGeneratorTaskTest)
       testSingleClasses2(org.apache.cayenne.tools.CayenneGeneratorTaskTest)
       testPairs1(org.apache.cayenne.tools.CayenneGeneratorTaskTest)
       testPairs2(org.apache.cayenne.tools.CayenneGeneratorTaskTest)
       testPairs3(org.apache.cayenne.tools.CayenneGeneratorTaskTest)

    testPairsEmbeddable3(org.apache.cayenne.tools.CayenneGeneratorTaskTest)

    testCrossDataMapRelationships
    (org.apache.cayenne.tools.CayenneGeneratorTaskCrossMapRelationshipsTest)

    I don't have time to look at this more tonight, but wanted to mention
    it; looks like it might be related to the new cayenne-tools changes?

    Robert