Re: build failure

From: Kevin Menard (nirvdru..mail.com)
Date: Tue May 05 2009 - 20:48:19 EDT

    There's a difference between the compiler level and the libraries included
    with the JDK you are using. maven is set to use the jdk 1.5 compiler level.
     JDBC between Java 5 and Java 6 is not compatible. Interfaces were changed.
    Please stop with the maven bashing in every message. It really adds nothing
    to the conversation and the problem here is probably something I did, not
    maven. The reality is that if we were using ant, none of this would be a
    problem because I'd still be messing around with the assembly script to
    build the cayenne-tools module. Like all things, there are pros and cons.

    At the end of the day, we're not moving from maven to ant. So, the best we
    can do is try to make things work as smoothly with maven as we can. Up
    until now, you haven't provided any output that would help in debugging the
    issue. Are you running into the exact same problems at Demetrios?

    --
    Kevin