Re: build failure

From: Adrian A. (a.adrian.tec..mail.com)
Date: Wed May 06 2009 - 05:25:24 EDT

    > Please stop with the maven bashing in every message.
    It's not bashing - it's simply the sad reality. Evey time I try to do
    something for Cayenne(or another mavenized project), I end up spending
    uselessly hours with maven problems instead of contributing with
    something useful :(.
    Others already gave up: whey they see that a project has only maven,
    they don't even try to contribute anymore :(.

    > Like all things, there are pros and cons.
    You are right, except that some "cons" are simply K.O., and the result
    is that they exclude most users from contributing :(.

    > At the end of the day, we're not moving from maven to ant. So, the best we
    > can do is try to make things work as smoothly with maven as we can. Up
    > until now, you haven't provided any output that would help in debugging the
    > issue.
    IntelliJ has a nice ANT language level debugger. Unfortunately there's
    none for maven :(.

    > Are you running into the exact same problems at Demetrios?
    Yes of course. I received his stack trace. Just my working directory is
    different.

    Maybe the before mentioned help document:
    http://cayenne.apache.org/building-cayenne.html
    could be extended by some maven guru (since normal users can't) with
    some troubleshooting steps when things go wrong (or at least what else
    to try before asking on the lists)

    A.