Re: [CONF] Apache Cayenne Documentation: Caching and Fresh Data (page edited)

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 09:02:32 EDT

    Hi Ari,

    thanks for cleaning this up.

    > not only eliminates the time required to fetch data from the
    > database, but also the time required to instantiate that data into
    > Java objects.

    Here is one note - I think the second part of this sentence is
    redundant. Merging (or non-merging) of the fetched data into an
    existing object as a separate concern is no longer present in Cayenne,
    as 'setRefreshingObjects' has been deprecated, and any executed non-
    cached query results in object refreshing.

    Andrus