Re: svn commit: r775573 [1/22] - in /cayenne/main/trunk/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/resources/org/apache/cayenne/schema/3.0: ./ images/

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Sat May 16 2009 - 20:36:48 EDT

  • Next message: Andrus Adamchik: "Re: svn commit: r775573 [1/22] - in /cayenne/main/trunk/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/main/resources/org/apache/cayenne/schema/3.0: ./ images/"

    On 17/05/2009, at 10:31 AM, amaniati..pache.org wrote:

    > Log:
    > CAY-1167 Atttractive end user documentation for the schema.
    >
    > I am unsure if this is the appropriate place to put these files, so
    > I'm open to other alternatives.
    > It makes sense that they belong with the actual schema documents,
    > but perhaps they should be excluded from building into the jar.

    Gosh, that generated more html than I expected. Anyhow, now I've seen
    the size of this I'm not sure my choice of location was the best. The
    documentation is very attractive and easy to read, but should it:

    * go away entirely since it requires a proprietary tool (Oxygen, which
    I own a license for) to generate
    * stay where it is since it is useful to live near the xsd file and go
    up to the web site in the same location
    * move to some other folder (I've actually just now noticed that we
    already had a DTD file I never saw before in another location - anyhow
    it looks a bit old and out of date, so this replacement of it is
    probably useful).

    I'm happy with any of the above, but unsure how best to have maven
    exclude certain folders from the jar if we leave it where it is. I've
    already got a script in place to upload the files to the web site.

    Ari

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8