Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 3.0M6

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon May 25 2009 - 15:00:33 EDT

    On May 25, 2009, at 9:35 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

    > we can push the artifacts. I will try to do that later tonight. Then
    > we can discuss the announcement.

    The release is done (subject to regular synchronization delays). Out
    of the postrelease steps I did the Jira version status update and the
    download page update. Ari, do you have time to make an announcement?

    Here is an incomplete list of things from the release notes that are
    worth the user attention IMO:

    1. Quoting of identifiers (a very popular request)
    2. EJBQL/SQLTemplate/ProcedureQuery queries catching up with
    SelectQuery supporting the same set of configuration parameters.
    3. Nested contexts in ROP.
    4. Support for EJBQL in the Modeler
    5. JPA is officially out of 3.0
    6. *Lots* of bug fixes.

    This list is biased towards the features and third party contributions
    that I've been involved with, simply because I have a good
    understanding of what those are about. Please extend it as you think
    is appropriate.

    Andrus