Re: [CONF] Apache Cayenne Website: Cayenne 3.0M6 Released (25 May 2009) (news created)

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 09:37:55 EDT

    This is the most wordy (and slightly controversial) release note I've
    written. I'll leave it 24 hours if anyone has amendments to this
    before I touch the front page to have it update, and send to the email
    lists/freshmeat/etc/etc

    Cheers
    Ari

    On 27/05/2009, at 11:32 PM, confluenc..pache.org wrote:

    > New News: CAYSITE : Cayenne 3.0M6 Released (25 May 2009)
    > Cayenne 3.0M6 Released (25 May 2009) has been created by Ari
    > Maniatis (May 27, 2009).
    >
    > Content:
    > Another release on the journey to Cayenne 3.0! This milestone adds a
    > plethora of new features including quoting of identifiers (useful
    > for db column names with spaces), nested contexts in ROP, and EJBQL/
    > SQLTemplate/ProcedureQuery queries now support the full range of
    > configuration options available to native SelectQueries. The Modeler
    > received new features such schema analysis on startup (which can
    > prompt the user to create or upgrade the database schema) and
    > support for EJBQL. Naturally, lots of bug fixes have also made it
    > into Cayenne in the last 5 months since the previous milestone.

    > not target JPA compliance for 3.0, and instead focus on further
    > improvements to the range and flexibility of the native API.
    > Although Cayenne may return to focus on JPA in the future, the work
    > done already (such as lifecycle events, EJBQL, etc) has been very
    > useful and will remain important parts of Cayenne for everyone to
    > use. Cayenne's clean and powerful API is one of the main reasons
    > users choose this library and focussing our efforts there is our
    > primary goal.
    >
    > We hope you enjoy this latest release. There will probably be only
    > one more release with new features before 3.0 is settled into beta
    > testing, so we encourage everyone to try this latest milestone, and
    > report back to us with any important missing functionality. We have
    > several developers who track Cayenne trunk reasonably closely in
    > production systems, so we are confident of the stability of this
    > release. It is likely that there will be some API changes before the
    > final 3.0 is released.
    >

    > Powered by Atlassian Confluence (Version: 2.2.9 Build:#527 Sep 07,
    > 2006) - Bug/feature request
    >
    > Unsubscribe or edit your notifications preferences

    Aristedes Maniatis
    phone +61 2 9660 9700
    PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2 A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8