Cayenne 3.0M6 released

From: Aristedes Maniatis (amaniati..pache.org)
Date: Fri May 29 2009 - 06:43:05 EDT

    Another release on the journey to Cayenne 3.0! This milestone adds a
    plethora of new features including quoting of identifiers (useful for
    db column names with spaces), nested contexts in ROP, and EJBQL/
    SQLTemplate/ProcedureQuery queries now support the full range of
    configuration options available to native SelectQueries. The Modeler
    received new features such schema analysis on startup (which can
    prompt the user to create or upgrade the database schema) and support
    for EJBQL. Naturally, lots of bug fixes have also made it into Cayenne
    in the last 5 months since the previous milestone.

    The Cayenne team have also decided to not target JPA compliance for
    3.0, and instead focus on further improvements to the range and
    flexibility of the native API. Although Cayenne may return to focus on
    JPA in the future, the work done already (such as lifecycle events,
    EJBQL, etc) has been very useful and will remain important parts of
    Cayenne for everyone to use. Cayenne's clean and powerful API is one
    of the main reasons users choose this library and focussing our
    efforts there is our primary goal.

    We hope you enjoy this latest release. There will probably be only one
    more release with new features before 3.0 is settled into beta
    testing, so we encourage everyone to try this latest milestone, and
    report back to us with any important missing functionality. We have
    several developers who track Cayenne trunk reasonably closely in
    production systems, so we are confident of the stability of this
    release. It is likely that there will be some API changes before the
    final 3.0 is released.

    Download: http://cayenne.apache.org/download.html

    Full release notes: http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12313759&styleName=Text&projectId=12310903

    Ari Maniatis, on behalf of the Cayenne PMC