Re: SEO for cayenne.apache.org

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Aug 13 2009 - 07:33:58 EDT

    On Aug 10, 2009, at 6:46 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
    > Or more easily, we could ask Infra to mark our cwiki pages as not to
    > be indexed in robots.txt.

    Will be a great idea.

    > The other thing we can easily do is add a specific Google search to
    > our docs page. We'd need a separate template per doc version so we
    > can limit the search to that version. Something like the search here:
    >
    > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/

    You can do that now with our current URL layout, using Google "site:"
    directive:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=+external+transactions+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fcayenne.apache.org%2Fdoc%2F

    Still does not address the issue of page ranking for the same logical
    content spread across 3 versioned pages. So if you know where to look
    for things, there are ways of finding them, but in general the site is
    not search engine friendly.

    (BTW, I am no SEO expert, but I just had a chance to communicate with
    people who are)

    Andrus