Re: svn commit: r813647 - /cayenne/sandbox/cayenne-serialization/pom.xml

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sun Sep 13 2009 - 10:12:21 EDT

    This is possible theoretically, but I haven't thought deeply about
    Hessian replacement scenario. I am personally planning to use it as a
    framework for backup/restore solution for huge databases that allows
    to apply custom rules to data filtering and processing of the data.

    If anything, this may end up being a replacement of
    org.apache.cayenne.xml package. XStream provides a well-defined
    (de)serialization lifecycle that allows to build various interceptors
    and custom serializers. Also it has "plugins" for serialization
    formats. So for example out of the box it can produce either XML or
    JSON.

    Comparing that to Hessian, my wild guess is that XStream won't be
    faster (even with compact JSON output), but it certainly more
    developer-friendly (cleaner API, better documentation, etc).

    Andrus