Re: Contributing, +1

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Sun Sep 13 2009 - 20:53:30 EDT

    On 14/09/09 7:26 AM, Evgeny Ryabitskiy wrote:
    > Hello to everyone!
    >
    > I would like to introduce myself to Cayenne Community. :)
    >
    > My name is Evgeny, I am from Russia, I am 22.
    > Currently I am working as Java Developer on SOA project. We are
    > heavily using Cayenne 2.0 for mostly DB connection management and for
    > some mapping cases.
    > Also I have some experience in contributing for Apache, I was working
    > on Hadoop HBase. My diploma was about HBase.
    >
    > So, mostly I am interested in evaluation of stability and performance
    > in Cayenne.
    > First thing that I am going to do is to publish patch for my CAY-1259 :)
    > I really wish it to be fixed, currently we have our own 2.0.4.1 build
    > with that fix.. but it should be temp solution....

    Welcome Evgeny. Contributors are always received with open arms. Can I suggest that you look at moving to 3.0M6 for your work though. Not only is it much faster in many places, but your contributions will be that much easier to merge into the current development process. The developers don't have a great interest in improving the 2.x codebase other than for important bug fixes.

    But any patches you can contribute will be reviewed and integrated where appropriate.

    Regards
    Ari

    Aristedes Maniatis