Null values in query parameters

From: Evgeny Ryabitskiy (evgeny.ryabitski..mail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 23 2009 - 05:55:46 EDT

    Hello to everyone!

    I have a problem with passing null params to SQLTemplate.

    So.. I put null to params, then perform query and got... bad formed
    SQL query...
    I know it's because of how Velocity Engine do merge for templates.
    I know that I can use construction like this: #bind('valueKey' 'jdbcType' null)
    But this query is generated and I don't know jdbcType :/

    Also I don't want to pass (java.lang.String) "null" in parameters or
    my Java code will be huge.

    Looks like there is no simple way to force cayenne inserting null in
    templates. Or I am missing something?

    Maybe we can add some flag for query SQLTemplate constructor.. like
    boolean "convertNulls" to allow passing nulls in params without huge
    template changes
     ( I mean inserting everywhere #bind('valueKey' 'jdbcType' null) ) ?

    Best regards,
    Evgeny Ryabitskiy.