Re: Making sense of callbacks

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Wed Sep 23 2009 - 20:25:02 EDT

    On 24/09/09 10:16 AM, Lachlan Deck wrote:
    > On 23/09/2009, at 10:32 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    >
    >> (Also not sure how this affects ROP yet?)
    >
    > Hopefully it'd mirror the server-side as closely as possible.

    Some things to think about:

    1. When an object is modified in a callback on the server, it should be updated by Cayenne automatically on the client. I don't think this currently happens.

    2. When using ROP, the server side callbacks are a bit different. That is, you don't get prePersist until the object is committed, so I would propose that that callback be skipped completely on the server in ROP. Is this the sequence?

    Client: prePersist
    [user code to build and save context]
    Client: preInsert
    Server: preInsert
    Server: postPersist
    Client: postPersist

    I think the naming is inconsistent: "persist", "insert" are used interchangably here.

    Ari

    --

    --------------------------> Aristedes Maniatis GPG fingerprint CBFB 84B4 738D 4E87 5E5C 5EFA EF6A 7D2E 3E49 102A