Re: Passing null values in parameters, part 2 )

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Tue Sep 29 2009 - 06:16:00 EDT

    On Sep 29, 2009, at 12:43 PM, Evgeny Ryabitskiy wrote:

    > I create CAY-1280 and attached draft patch. Maybe I should export
    > this mail conversion there?

    Yeah I saw that. I suggest we keep the discussion on the list for now,
    until we come to some conclusion. Then we can simply add a thread
    archive URL to the Jira for reference.

    > in theory we can do
    > intelligent analyze of SQL query and parameter to determine if we
    > should do bind or put it in template (like table name) but it's not
    > cool!

    Yes, this is what I had in mind. E.g. making special parameters to
    implement "Directive" interface of some sort. Why do you think this is
    a bad idea?

    It will work exactly like #bind directive if the parameter is
    BindDirective, as #result if a parameter is a ResultDirective, etc. It
    seems to be equally counterintuitive to pass a special wrapper object
    in a variable inside of #bind, as it is in a standalone variable :-)
    But in the later case we get a more concise syntax that can help in
    case of large queries.

    Andrus