Re: Passing null values in parameters, part 2 )

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Sep 30 2009 - 10:30:48 EDT

    On Sep 29, 2009, at 5:42 PM, Evgeny Ryabitskiy wrote:

    > 1) When we don't have bind in template:
    >
    > SELECT * FROM Table1 where PersonName = $MyParamName

    > 2) When we have #bind in template but wish to overwrite it's
    > parameters (JDBC type and precision) via API.
    >
    > SELECT * FROM Table1 where PersonID =..ind($MyParamName 'NUMERIC' 2)
    > /* pass BindDirective with precision 0 here */

    Trying to understand whether the second option is redundant. Do you
    feel like option #1 won't be sufficient and we need to mix
    BindDirective with #bind? Maybe you have a good example why this is
    important?

    > About ResultDirective... it is used for SQL return... so we can pass
    > name, jdbc type and precision (no value) to parameters and use it's as
    > hints while mapping to return values.

    Yeah, the idea here is to fully emulate #result() directive behavior,
    so the properties will be the same as the #result() parameters.

    BTW if we can come up with a sensible implementation of CAY-1282 that
    you just opened, it will be great. This will require some smart
    matching of column names obtained from ResultSetMetadata with
    explicitly mapped columns. Not impossible I guess.

    > P.S. Sorry for so slow answering, GMail page is banned at my work
    > proxy :/

    No worries. People here are used to asynchronous communication.

    Andrus