Re: Beta 1 ?

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Thu Oct 08 2009 - 14:57:31 EDT

    Milestone releases had lots of unfinished *new* functionality, as we
    only guaranteed that the *existing* functionality is working. Same
    thing here, only the scope of unfinished functionality is limited to
    the Modeler. We define what Milestone vs. Beta vs. RC means, and
    historically the meaning has been what I just mentioned. Don't see any
    problem with this approach going forward, as long as we explain the
    rules to the users.

    Also the downside of NOT declaring Beta until we reach some ideal
    state throughout the board, is that the feature creep will continue,
    and it will be hard to stop it.

    Andrus