Re: ObjectContext Questions

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Oct 09 2009 - 07:42:07 EDT

    On Oct 8, 2009, at 10:40 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:

    > It just seems like it is caught in 3 different lands: pre-generics,
    > generics, and POJO.

    That's one of my biggest headaches. You'd be experimenting with new
    things, going through trial and error cycles, learning, gathering
    feedback, and then somewhere along that way your unfinished designs
    become public API and you can't change it anymore. This is why JPA was
    so attractive at first - it has a very thin layer of public API, and
    85% of the framework is private. And this is why I brought up
    dependency injection (and implicitly, coding to interfaces) as a
    prospective future direction.

    Hmmm... sometimes I feel like attacking that the Tapestry (or Log4J/
    SLF4J) way - rewriting things from scratch to have a fresh and fully
    consistent framework. But then I realize that I won't be able to spend
    the next 2-3 years of my life to create something that is already
    available and works, and lose the entire community in the process.

    Alas, we are stuck in the imperfect world, and will have to make
    incremental changes :-/

    Andrus