Re: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne release 3.0B1

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Oct 28 2009 - 10:18:41 EDT

    The version update was needed to remap renamed callbacks. So if you
    upgrade a schema with "prePersist" callback, you'll see more changes.

    I mentioned this on the list before - since there's generally no
    direct correspondence between Cayenne runtime version and project
    schema version, I figured I'd come up with some numbering scheme that
    can't be mistaken for a Cayenne runtime version. So 3.0.0.1 is pretty
    random based on the fact that we may have 3.0.1 Cayenne release, but
    not a 3.0.0.1.

    Also this does not affect the XSD schema version. I simply updated the
    existing schema. I think of the schema as a Java class - during 3.0
    development cycle we are allowed to change it without changing the
    version.

    It does look counterintuitive somewhat, but allows us to modify the
    schema and implement automated XML upgrades between the milestone
    releases.

    Andrus