Re: [VOTE] Apache Cayenne release 3.0B1

From: Kevin Menard (nirvdru..mail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 29 2009 - 09:44:08 EDT

    My vote is -0.

    It seems others are able to build it, but I can't. I just ran into
    another issue where the jjtree generation seems to be duplicating the
    package name. So, I end up with paths like
    "framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/target/generated-sources/jjtree/org/apache/cayenne/ejbql/org/apache/cayenne/ejbql/parser/",
    which don't match the package name. IDEA does not like this, maven
    doesn't seem to mind. I recall seeing this before, but I thought it
    got fixed.

    No doubt the test failure is related to my snow leopard upgrade,
    because all tests were passing before then. I'm not sure how long the
    parser thing has been like this. Older versions of IDEA may have been
    more tolerant of the bad package name and I've been tracking the EAPs.

    --
    Kevin

    On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Tore Halset <halse..vv.ntnu.no> wrote: > Hello. > > I have tested it with our internal application junit test suite on > PostgreSQL, Derby and MS SQL Server. No problems found. > > I have also done some testing of the modeler. As I have used the modeler > with earlier 3.0 versions, the upgrade-project message was a bit strange. > "Project needs an upgrade to a newer version. Older Project Version > Detected: "3.0". Upgrade?" "3.0" is not such an old version.. I have read > the separate thread regarding this issue. > > So, my vote is: +1 > >  - Tore. > > On Oct 25, 2009, at 17:49 , Andrus Adamchik wrote: > >> Release artifacts are posted here: >> >> http://people.apache.org/~aadamchik/release/3.0B1/ >> >> Please evaluate and cast your votes. >> >> Cheers, >> Andrus >> > >