Jira workflow

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..sh.com.au)
Date: Fri Jan 08 2010 - 10:08:01 EST

    I'd like to make some changes to Jira:

    1. merge closed and resolved statuses (we've never really used them differently)
    2. add a 'waiting for feedback' status which triggers an email to the reporter with a question
    3. add a new field to all bug reports for the database type
    4. later on, add a timeout to the feedback status which will automatically close a task which gets no response (perhaps after three months). But that can come later.

    Any objections?

    Also, I could do with a hand triaging bugs in this list:

       https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12313713

    They all need a fix version:

    * Undefined future (for anything which no one has plans to work on)
    * Short term future (for more important issues which need dealing with this year or so)
    * 3.1 (for things which we are about to do)
    * 3.0 (for things which need to be solved in the next week or two)

    My only concern is that nothing important slips through the cracks which should be looked at. Or else the documentation needs updating with a 'be careful not to...' There is probably nothing important, but that's quite a long list now. I suspect many are actually feature requests rather than bugs, but I've only worked through a few dozen so far.

    Ari

    --
    Aristedes Maniatis