Re: Jira workflow

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Sun Jan 10 2010 - 17:29:32 EST

    On 11/01/10 4:49 AM, Kevin Menard wrote:
    > On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Andrus Adamchik<andru..bjectstyle.org>wrote:
    >
    >> On Jan 8, 2010, at 5:08 PM, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
    >>
    >>> 1. merge closed and resolved statuses (we've never really used them
    >>> differently)
    >>> 2. add a 'waiting for feedback' status which triggers an email to the
    >>> reporter with a question
    >>> 3. add a new field to all bug reports for the database type
    >>> 4. later on, add a timeout to the feedback status which will automatically
    >>> close a task which gets no response (perhaps after three months). But that
    >>> can come later.
    >>>

    >> Looks good to me.
    >>

    > +1
    >
    > I've always used "resolved" to mean more feedback or that I'm looking for
    > another pair of eyes to verify, but the reality is, it hardly ever happens
    > and then I just mark the issue as closed anyway.

    This change has now been made. Because we are now using a custom workflow we can further customise it as we need to. We can customise each status and what permissions you need to move between them. We now have a 'hold' status which is reached by clicking on "Request more information". You automatically get a screen where you can ask a question of the reporter.

    All issues which were on 'resolved' status are now marked as 'closed'. If any committer has some spare time and could help review tasks, there are quite a few which should be put into that status. Later on, we'll implement something that will let us automatically close tasks if they remain on hold for several months without comment.

    Ari

    --
    Aristedes Maniatis