Re: Mapping fake FKs as relationships?

From: George Stan (george.stan..ahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 11 2010 - 10:28:26 EST

    Thank you all for your advice.

    > Having actually done this the first
    > way Andrus mentions, my advice is to do it the second way
    > (as an inheritance) if you can.
    Hmm, I'm trying, but CM seems to allow me only one element for the inheritance :(. Unfortunately, many Entities must inherit from more than one since they have Tags, Comments and Events too:(.

    > George, could you point us to the documentation for how
    > ActiveRecord implements this?
    I'm afraid there's no such documentation, as this is a core Rails feature,
    there are not too many architecture documents about them - just the sources :(.

    George.