soft or weak

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Jan 18 2010 - 11:34:07 EST

    http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/objectcontext-memory-management.html

    Wonder if we should go from WEAK to SOFT as a default policy for
    object retention in the ObjectStore. I just got a few annoying cases
    of objects being immediately gc'd after each request, so a new request
    looking them up by id finds them in the shared cache instead of local
    (somewhat slow) and then previously resolved to-many relationships are
    re-read anew (very slow).

    Of course locally I just switched my ObjectContext factory service to
    use SOFT, so I am all set (I am yet to see it in production; wonder
    how that affects already slow major GC cycles). But I am wondering if
    that would make a better default policy for 3.1?

    Andrus