Re: [VOTE] Release 3.0RC2

From: Aristedes Maniatis (ar..aniatis.org)
Date: Wed Jan 20 2010 - 21:11:24 EST

    On 21/01/10 9:23 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
    > It doesn't have to be, although from slow voting on RC2, I guess as a
    > practical matter doing yet another RC is too painful for everyone
    > involved :-/

    Or else we could agree that this is "only" a release candidate. That is, everyone on the PMC doesn't have to verify the entire package in detail. We could treat the voting as a formality the PMC needs to go through and say "we trust that Andrus is doing the right thing and there is nothing going into svn which looks like a problem". That way we could release RCs more often (which would be useful), and still spend much more time reviewing the final 3.0 release package.

    Ari

    --
    Aristedes Maniatis