Re: eclipse plugin for modeler

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Fri Feb 12 2010 - 10:58:51 EST

    I want to try when I have a bit more time, but good point, this can be
    a problem in a non-Windows L&F. I guess we can completely take over
    the menu creation in CM, and attach the menus to Eclipse (or maybe it
    just works somehow???)

    Anyways, the same VM operation is very promising - we don't need to
    redo CM as a plugin, and we don't need to write Eclipse/CM network
    communication protocol. Instead we just embed it and only write the
    glue code in the plugin (which is exactly what Ksenia did in this
    demo). I guess this will require some refactoring of the CM startup
    and configuration, which I wish we'd do regardless.

    Andrus

    Andrus Adamchik
    Apache Cayenne ORM: http://cayenne.apache.org/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/andrus_a