Re: wiki pages design

From: Joseph Schmidt (joseph_schmidt7..ahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 23 2010 - 05:25:12 EST

    >>> Before we decide, I guess somebody has to build a prototype showing how
    >>> that would work using a few pages from the User Guide.
    >> May I get an export of the WIKI content that might be desired to be
    >> converted to Docbook? Confluence has this functionality.
    >>
    >> I can see the WIKI pages (individually), but I don't have the rights to
    >> export them myself as a package :(.
    >
    > I'll email them to you now. They come out as XML, so maybe you could
    > write an XSLT to convert to docbook.
    Even if Confluence is very cool, we abandoned Confluence in many
    internal projects because it was not possible to export the content as a
    set of WIKI pages (in WIKI format in a ZIP) - as it is possible with
    most other WIKI software.

    That XML backup is very convoluted, and mostly re-usable only in
    Confluence, but not when you upgrade over more versions: - e.g. what you
    export with Confluence 2.10.3 Build (what Apache is using now), can't be
    imported in the latest version 3.1.x - because it say's that it can't
    import individual "Spaces" :).

    Joseph.