Re: Vertical inheritance

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon May 31 2010 - 12:00:46 UTC

    On May 31, 2010, at 7:48 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > I didn't completely understand the question, so I'm not sure if this
    > answers it.

    I guess the question was whether we want this in Cayenne mapping in
    some form:

       ..nheritance(strategy = InheritanceType.JOINED)

    or guess the strategy from other mapping clues (the later is our
    current approach). It was more of a discussion item on what are the
    benefits of either approach.

    >..iscriminatorColumn(name="object_type")

    Actually my plan is to use OUTER joins in Cayenne SELECT queries, so
    entity type will be determined from the presence of the non-null
    joined ID column in the result set and explicit discriminator ("entity
    qualifier expression" in Cayenne terms) won't be needed.

    Andrus