Re: Vertical inheritance

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon May 31 2010 - 13:11:14 UTC

Good thoughts. I really like the adaptive strategy idea, which can
probably be used for discriminator-free vertical mapping as well.

BTW, semantically "vertical inheritance with discriminator" is
essentially single-table inheritance with flattened attributes in
subclasses. Which Cayenne supports already, but without any special
optimizations for wide|deep hierarchies.

Andrus