Re: Vertical inheritance

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Sat Jun 05 2010 - 01:17:12 UTC

    I suspected it all along - Cayenne 3.0 fully supports vertical
    inheritance, and we didn't even know that ourselves :-)

    I just wrote a few tests using "single table inheritance with
    flattened attributes" approach. All of them passed without changing a
    single line of code in Cayenne. I am still going to test attribute
    overrides, and maybe a few odd relationship scenarios and we may need
    that performance optimization patch to scale to hundreds of
    subclasses, but... it just works the way it is.

    Looks like we have a killer new feature to announce in 3.0.1 ;-)

    Andrus