Buildable source packages

From: Mike Kienenberger (mkienen..mail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 17:58:59 UTC

    Moving this to a separate thread:

    On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:22 AM, Andrus Adamchik
    <andru..bjectstyle.org> wrote:
    > It is practically impossible to do that as the
    > build system is ... well, complex. I am sure most non-C Apache projects
    > won't let you build from sources in the distro.

    I wasn't really going to respond to this since I didn't think there
    was any ambiguity in the requirements. But since it's come up...

    All of the other Apache java projects I've used can build from the
    distro source release.

    I don't see making cayenne build from the distro as an impossible
    task. If the svn checkout can build, then it should be a simple
    matter to copy that build tree into the distro.

    I will agree that's an ugly build system, but that's been the case
    ever since we switched to maven.