Re: [VOTE] release 3.0.1

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 18:08:53 UTC

    On Aug 16, 2010, at 6:32 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:

    > Every ASF release must contain a source package, which must be
    > sufficient for a user to build and test the release provided they have
    > access to the appropriate platform and tools. The source package must
    > be cryptographically signed by the Release Manager with a detached
    > signature; and that package together with its signature must be tested
    > prior to voting +1 for release. Folks who vote +1 for release may
    > offer their own cryptographic signature to be concatenated with the
    > detached signature file (at the Release Manager's discretion) prior to
    > release.

    Actually, re-reading the above and it doesn't state a need of a
    working pom.xml or build.xml, just the source that is matching the
    binaries. In this respect we don't violate this. We do not provide a
    buildfile, but a Java developer will be able to build the source
    regardless (e.g. by writing build.xml himself, or importing sources in
    Eclipse).

    Andrus