Re: [VOTE] release 3.0.1

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 18:43:14 UTC

    Yeah I vaguely remember this discussion - http://markmail.org/thread/njray5dbazwcdcts
      and I have to agree with Roy's logic, which convinces me better than
    a mention of "policy" :-)

    Ok, so say we have a Maven build system that exports buildable source
    with poms... which, considering the reliance on a public Maven repo
    for dependencies may not be that "buildable" 6 months from now :-/
    Even open-source Apache-licensed (but not ASF-managed) packages may
    disappear. How far can we go with that? (a good experiment would be to
    take a year old existing ASF package and trying to build it, say
    Geronimo or something of that level of complexity..)

    Andrus