Re: [VOTE] release 3.0.1

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2010 - 19:30:15 UTC

    I don't think Maven would allow to pull libs from an arbitrary folder,
    but I guess we can have a README telling users to mvn install:file
    from lib/third-party or some other source prior to the build.

    I am sure that won't cover everything - there's lots and lots of deps
    that we don't include to prevent the size of the download from going
    out of proportion on things like JMS, JPA, etc. etc. We'll have to
    compromise anyways... I guess having a POM will give a user a good
    starting point as it shows everything that's required, but from there
    they will have to be creative in finding replacements for missing libs.

    > If there's a chance the package is unavailable, we probably should
    > bundle it.
    > That's what we're doing with the ashwood graph library, right?

    yes, in fact I want to internalize it in our code. But we have to draw
    a line somewhere... Below is a list of deps from the 3.1 master POM
    with only "compiled" and "provided" dependencies minus what's already
    bundled (although I left jars that are also bundled into a fat
    CayenneModeler.jar). Say hi to a 50 MB distribution of Cayenne...

    I feel like we should go with an imperfect compromise everybody else
    is using - just giving source with the POMs and no extra deps :-/

    Andrus

    <dependency>
            <groupId>ant</groupId>
            <artifactId>ant</artifactId>
            <version>1.6.5</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-dbcp</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-dbcp</artifactId>
            <version>1.2.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-pool</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-pool</artifactId>
            <version>1.2</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
            <groupId>hsqldb</groupId>
            <artifactId>hsqldb</artifactId>
            <version>1.8.0.4</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
            <groupId>com.caucho</groupId>
            <artifactId>resin-hessian</artifactId>
            <version>3.1.6</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency> <!-- ?????? -->
            <groupId>javacc</groupId>
            <artifactId>javacc</artifactId>
            <version>3.2</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
            <groupId>org.objectstyle</groupId>
            <artifactId>jdbc4-compat</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
            <groupId>jgoodies</groupId>
            <artifactId>forms</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.5</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
            <groupId>jgoodies</groupId>
            <artifactId>looks</artifactId>
            <version>1.3.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
            <groupId>jgroups</groupId>
            <artifactId>jgroups-all</artifactId>
            <version>2.2.7</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
            <artifactId>geronimo-jms_1.1_spec</artifactId>
            <version>1.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
            <artifactId>geronimo-jta_1.1_spec</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
            <groupId>ognl</groupId>