Re: Adapting Cayenne to GAE/J

From: Andrei Ionescu (aionescu196..ahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2010 - 09:52:35 UTC

    > I know some folks who were looking it this privately, but AFAIK no code has come out of this effort yet, so yes,
    > this task is up for grabs and it would be cool if someone makes it happen.
    +1.
    Bob Schellink managed to update Click to make it run on GAE/J, and it
    would be really cool to have Cayenne running there too, since for many
    projects Click+Cayenne is the default choice.
    See more here how it's done:
    http://click.apache.org/docs/extras-api/org/apache/click/extras/gae/package-summary.html
    and some live Click examples running on GAE/J here:
    http://click-jquery.appspot.com/

    It looks like this was done by replacing calls to the file system with
    in-memory implementations + an init filter to be used for GAE/J,
    so maybe some similar approach would work for Cayenne too?

    regards,
    Andrei.