Re: 3.0.1 - next steps

From: Andrus Adamchik (andru..bjectstyle.org)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2010 - 15:02:42 UTC

    On Aug 18, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:

    > To me, a separate cayenne-src.tar.gz makes the most sense.

    Yeah, that's what we'll likely end up with.

    > Also, I'd split the OS-specific Cayenne Modeler distributions up a bit more

    I have a number of long standing gripes about OS-specific assemblies (both code separation and the build process). With 3.1 preferences refactoring some of those became even more obvious (e.g. I got a Windows look and feel for 3.1 now). I have some ideas, but this is a separate discussion.

    > to not even include the Cayenne libraries. More and more people are
    > using Maven now and don't need the JARs in the Cayenne Modeler
    > distribution. You can have a separate cayenne-lib.tar.gz.

    I didn't quite get that. Which jars are you referring to?

    Andrus