Re: Adapting Cayenne to GAE/J

From: Andrei Ionescu (aionescu196..ahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 19 2010 - 16:38:25 UTC

    >> It looks like this was done by replacing calls to the file system with
    >> in-memory implementations + an init filter to be used for GAE/J,
    >> so maybe some similar approach would work for Cayenne too?
    > It should. File system dependencies are the primary issue with
    >
    > getting GAE apps working. I think H2 Database now works under GAE,
    > so that would probably be a good starting DB to be testing Cayenne
    > against in that environment.
    I guess I forgot about threading as there are some GAE/J restrictions
    there too:
       http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_App_Engine#Restrictions

    Other frameworks solved this by using some java.util.concurrent.*
    alternatives, as these classes are whitelisted:
       http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/jrewhitelist.html

    regards,
    Andrei.