Inject Questions

From: Michael Gentry (mgentr..asslight.net)
Date: Sat Sep 25 2010 - 16:33:04 UTC

    I made a few tweaks to the H2 adapter in 3.1 and was wanting to test
    them, so I started creating a simple class/project to test it.
    Nothing complex, just insert a few records in a trivial table.

    It appears you can no longer create a DataContext. I finally found
    the Inject annotation and tried it, but I get a null pointer exception
    because things aren't bootstrapped. Is there a simple way to do this
    now that I'm missing? (I'm still looking through the code.)

    Two other comments:

    I can see using Inject being messy in my Tapestry 5 applications as I
    have to start using the full path to the Inject annotation every time
    since T5 provides an Inject annotation, too.

    It also appears you can't Inject inside a method, either:

    public void updateFoo()
    {
     ..nject ObjectContext context;
    }

    There are many times in my current codebase (3.0) that I create a
    local context. Is that feature going to be lost now?

    Thanks,

    mrg