Data map classes

From: Michael Misha Shengaout (msheng..obox.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 00:58:45 EST

Folks,

I have checked in some Data map related classes for:
1) the db table/ column meta information
2) Information about the properties of the data object classes
3) Info about navigating from one data object to another, and how it is
done on the database level.

These files are at ...cayenne\map directory.

Also, please take a look at the updated model and let me know you
comments. There had been several assumptions made:
1. The Object entity (metadata for the data object class) must
correspond to some database table (DbEntity)
2. Some DbEntities will have no ObjEntities associated with them.
3. All attributes of the ObjEntities are mapped to the same table.

Thus we don't have the relationship on the level of the attributes, but
only on the level of the entities. Also, attributes don't need to have
the reference to the entities, but only string variables storing the
name of the table/dataobject class.

Please let me know the scenarios when this doesn't work out. If I don't
hear any criticism until Saturday, I plan to start working on the XML
representation of this schema and loading stuff from the database
metadata.

Misha