Re: Sun's Java Data Object

From: Andrei Adamchik (aadamchi..obox.com)
Date: Fri Mar 30 2001 - 09:11:25 EST

Well I did some reading last night, they are going in a totally different
direction then us. So we can forget JDO. (it was a nice try to find a spec
that had all the design done already... oh well) .

The main conceptual difference is that we want to streamline Java
development, bridging OO language with existing relational technology (real
world scenario). They are looking for the ways to extend Java language,
providing persistence for any kind of java objects (much less common
scenario). So far such attempts did not scale well (OO Databases) and were
not widely accepted, since RDBMS are the core of any business, and their
structure could not be compromised for the sake of Java developer convenience.

So we are continuing in the same direction we were heading before....

Andrei