Re: JDBC logging

From: Andrei Adamchik (aadamchi..obox.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 09:09:10 EDT

At 08:19 PM 4/15/2001 -0400, Andriy Shapochka wrote:
>I am afraid that this is all JDBC can suggest. And furthermore the log
>contents seems to depend on a particular JDBC driver. So in case we want
>something standard and eloquent we have to do it ourselves. On the other
>hand it is a whole new bunch of work. Maybe let's begin with what exists
>and then move further.
>
>Andriy.

Yeah, that is what I suspected.....

Well, I needed this functionality to debug data nodes and connection
pooling. It looks like we will need it even more in the future. Imagine
debugging data expressions, relationship resolution etc. I think we can
write a basic implementation now (optionally logging all data node traffic
to "stdout") and worry about the details in the future. I like log4j
because they already have a consistent approach and all the logging can be
configured via XML files.

I will do some research to see what's involved in plugging it in cayenne
architecture.

Andrei