Changes in queries

From: Andriy Shapochka (ashapochk..otmail.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 23:29:07 EDT

Misha,

I think your variant of the dictionary is quite acceptable though I'd prefer to call this package "query". It is a short nice name. "expr" appears to be worse. First it is a kind of abbriviation, and second, to my mind, queries are statements, not expressions. And I have strong objections against elimination of FilteredQuery (or we can call it according your conventions QualifiedQuery), since InsertQuery must not support qualifiers or joins, and BTW there is no place for joins in update or delete queries. I suppose we have to extend Query hierarcy if joins introduced, not to shrink. I will not change this though untill we come to agreement at the meeting.

Andriy.