Re: additional methods

From: Andrei Adamchik (aadamchi..obox.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 13:26:33 EDT

At 12:43 PM 4/30/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Andrei,
>
>In fact I am for this name convention (LessThen, etc...). The only reason
>I had chosen the names you could see at present to keep them short. If you
>think we can afford to use longer names, I am ready to rename these
>classes. As for IgnoreCaseLike it is convenient, I wonder, why I did not
>do it myself. So I'll define this class.
>
>Andriy

Thanks... I will be using old names till you change it... as for the names
being too long, I guess we do not care, since our overall approach is to
keep those classes behind the scenes as much as possible. Users should
interact with them directly only when they are writing their own SQL
translators (or something similar)

At 12:58 PM 4/30/2001 -0400, Andriy Shapochka wrote:
>BTW, Andrei,
>
>In case it helps you I can add methods like int getOperandCount(), boolean
>isIdentity(), boolean isCondition(), String getNativeOperator(Map
>operators), etc. to the Expression class and implement them in due classes
>to make it easier for you analize an expression tree.
>
>Andriy.

Well, I guess right now I am past this point in my code, so no changes are
needed. I kind of organized all parsing of the tree based on the assumption
that in a general case all I can ask a node is its class name.

Andrei