Re: Graphics (Strategy)

From: Andrei Adamchik (aadamchi..obox.com)
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 16:16:20 EDT

 From your previous email (and actually from our meeting with Misha some
time back) I figured that all we need is images for the buttons.

I thought I should discuss this strategy shift with everybody. Thinking
about it, I can see 2 approaches to GUI tools:

1. write it ourselves (just getting the graphics from the friendly artist)
2. write it overseas according to our spec.

Originally we took an approach somewhere in between 1 & 2 (friendly graphic
artists also create screen prototypes). The more I think about it, the more
I doubt this will work. Approach 1 or 2 maybe... (with 2 actually costing
some money)

Anyway I want your thoughts on that. In the meantime I will probably ask
those guys to work on

1. Object Style logo
2. Cayenne Logo
3. Splash startup screen for the GUI tool (do you remember what name we
came up with for it?)

At 03:44 PM 5/12/2001 -0400, Andriy Shapochka wrote:
>Andrei,
>
>It would be great if folks who will create the graphics stuff were =
>acquainted with Java Look'&'Feel traditions. I recommend them to look =
>through the link:
><http://java.sun.com/products/jlf2/book/HIGTOC.nf.html>http://java.sun.com/products/jlf2/book/HIGTOC.nf.html.
>This document is =
>a kind of standard for icon, logo, etc creation
>
>Andriy

Andrei